Certificates of Origin
Certificates of Origin (COs) are international trade documents used to determine the origin of goods for official, commercial and financial reasons. Since 1898, chambers have been recognized by government and customs officials as competent authorities to issue COs. With nearly 4 million certificates issued within the United States annually, chambers play a crucial role as trusted third parties bringing reliability, integrity, neutrality and impartiality in the issuance of COs.
Here at the Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce we require the following; manufacturer’s invoices, shipper’s affidavits and other documents which may indicate the origin of the goods. We also require the following verbiage to appear on all certificates of origin:
A Certificate of Origin must have:
• The authorized signature of the local Chamber of Commerce Secretary and the seal of that organization.
• The shipper's name and address.
• The recipient’s name and address.
• The product’s parts or serial numbers
• The number of packages, boxes or crates in the shipment.
• The gross and net weight of the shipment.
• A complete and accurate description of the contents of the shipment.
• The country of origin of the contents of the shipment.
Each Certificate of Origin is free for members and
$75 for non-members
The Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce states that, based solely on the above exporter’s affidavit, the Chamber believes that the goods described in the above affidavit are products of the United States of America. The Chamber assumes no responsibility beyond obtaining the sworn statements in the above affidavit. It makes no warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the goods, affidavit, or any documents relating thereto, and assumes no responsibility for the truth or accuracy of any statements contained in said affidavit or any of the documents mentioned herein.