The North Tampa Bay Chamber is closely monitoring the progression of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus). As of now, our programming and events are being assessed on a regular basis to determine if events need to be cancelled, postponed, or held virtually. We will update our website and email our registered attendees if anything changes for our events. We encourage everyone to stay informed.
As we continue to learn about more confirmed cases of COVID-19 across the globe and in Florida, we want to ensure that we’re following the recommendations set forth by the Florida Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The health and wellness of our members and our staff is critically important to us, so we want to provide the latest guidelines to all of you as you consider the precautions you and your team will take in the coming days.
Our goal is to minimize the impact on our community by looking to our public health experts for guidance related to COVID-19. Here are some additional resources for your reference.
- Business Damage Assessment Survey
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- City of Tampa
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance
- Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Department of Education
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Disaster Resources for Businesses
- Florida Disaster Loans
- Guidance for Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus
- Small Business Guidance on Responding to Coronavirus
- Traveler's Health Website
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Resources and Guidelines for Business
- U.S. Dept of Labor: Occupational Health and Safety Administration
- Video on Florida Economy During Coronavirus
- Workplace Tips for Employees
We hope to maintain business as usual, but we also want to ensure we’re aligning with best practices to do all we can to keep our community healthy.
Florida Unemployment Paper Application
A Q&A on Labor and Employment During the Time of Coronavirus
The Phelps Labor & Employment (L&E) Group is actively monitoring executive and legislative responses to many employment-related issues facing employers across the country.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has announced the activation of the Business Damage Assessment survey to assess the impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus on Florida's local businesses, including those in Hillsborough County.
How the Proposed Corona Response Law will Impact Employers
Tampa Bay Area Chamber Webinar