ABOUT FRESH KITCHEN: Fresh Kitchen invites guests to build their own chef-inspired bowls as fast as they can point. Made from scratch and fresh-to-order, guests are presented with seasonal ingredients including fresh greens, quinoa, sweet potato noodles, perfectly seasoned rices, roasted veggies, hormone and antibiotic-free grilled meats, responsibly sourced seafood options, home-made sauces and flavorful add-ons. The entire menu is 100 percent gluten-free with options available to suite a variety of lifestyles (vegan, paleo, keto); and all food is prepared using 100% olive oil. Fresh Kitchen opened their first location to overwhelming success in Tampa, Florida’s SoHo district in 2014, and currently has 8 locations (and growing) throughout the state of Florida.
ABOUT THE JOB
Food is everything to us. We receive fresh produce and product daily. Our PREP TEAM is responsible for helping us craft high quality recipes and menu items. You are directly in charge of food safety, food production, and sanitation. Your job and day to day tasks will revolve around proper food handling, food preparation and production, and ensuring cleanliness. You are a responsible for setting the kitchen up for success, and ensuring there is enough product to sustain the shift, and that it is all prepared according to the recipes and specs.
Everything food related that we do, starts here.
- Must be an ambassador of our mission and core values
- Preparing and prepping high volumes of vegetables and protein, making homemade sauces and marinades, and baking desserts
- Putting away and rotating produce and food orders
- Maintain pars and counts of responsible times
- Use kitchen machinery including knives, ovens, grills, gas stoves, food processors, + blenders properly, complying with food safety and sanitation standards
- Following recipes and adhering to food specs, ensuring quality and consistency
- Properly open/ closing and cleaning your station to set yourself and other team members up for success
- Perform additional responsibilities (as requested) at any time
FRESHER THAN YOUR AVERAGE JOB (a.k.a. Benefits)
- GROWTH | be a part of a growing brand with the ability to cross train and learn new skills
- FREE FOOD | when you work (and discounted meals on your days off)
- COOL SWAG | that you’ll even want to wear on your day off
- CULTURE | that’s fun and connected and gives back to the community
- FLEXIBLE | flexible scheduling
- HOLLA-DAYS | Closed for most holidays, so you can enjoy time with family and friends
- BE YOURSELF | You are beautiful, and we celebrate your individuality
- 18 years of age or older
- Previous culinary experience with a strong passion for food and people (and good knife skills!)
- Team player with a good attitude and works with a sense of urgency
- Ability to read and follow written recipes
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Can work in both hot and cool environments
- Able to lift at least 20 pounds and frequently squat and bend
- Self accountable in upholding high standards
- Able to work in a fast-paced setting for up to 8 hours daily, or as needed
- Willingness to learn and develop
The Fresh Kitchen brand is part of Ciccio Restaurant Group. Ciccio Restaurant Group (CRG) was founded more than 25 years ago in New York City. The restaurant group was named after Lanza’s father (Frank Ciccio Lanza) who was a successful Fortune 100 CEO and founder of L3 Communications. . The healthy mindset and beautiful weather drew the founders to the Florida coast in 1996. CRG currently owns and operates 19 different restaurants under the Better Byrd, Ciccio Water, Ciccio Cali, Daily Eats, Fresh Kitchen, Green Lemon, Taco Dirty, LUV Child and Sweet Soul brand names. Their portfolio of brands includes both full and quick service concepts. Also under their umbrella is the boutique fitness studio, CAMP, which offers circuit, cycle, and yoga.